101 Spells for the Common Man brings arcane power back to the people.
Magic isn’t just for adventurers anymore. As the common folk go about their daily business, a select few augment their efforts using magic. No matter how rare magic is in your world, those working folk who possess the gift make good use of the following spells.
While these spells make life easier for the common man, a clever adventurer can find use for them as well. Rob a bank with silenced work, or create a distraction with awaken instruments. Jot down a confession with recorder’s quill or put a guard to sleep with bed-time story. Remove a watery obstacle with expeditious evaporation or track the passage of time with shadowdial. These spells bring life to your world while providing a fun, creative new toolkit for PCs.
Included in 101 Spells for the Common Man:
- 101 Level 0, 1, and 2 Spells, categorized by class and likely profession.
- The Arcane Worker, a new NPC class who mixes magic and raw skill to make his way in the world.
- 8 magical NPCs to inhabit your world, including the arcane artist and town doctor.
- Spells include abernathy's abacus, illusion of quality, and moneylender's mark, perfect for the successful banker.
- Boil water, create ice, and fortify wine, an excellent pairing with chefs of all levels.
- Create soil, locate stock, and scarecrow, turning a single farmer into a one man operation.
- Bed-time story, schedule, and track child for the parent with too much to manage.
- Enhance voice, perfect pitch, and game field for entertainers and musicians.